Wednesday 21 January 2015

Why Dileep Kumar Turned into A.K. Rehman



Why Dileep Kumar Turned into A.K. Rehman
When AS Dileep Kumar set to shed the religion he was born into and adopt a replacement one, the explanations were many. His father’s untimely death had place many monetary pressures on the family, including four youngsters. His spiritual-minded inspired with the preaching of Peer Karimullah Qadri. He is grappling with minor and major identity issues: he didn’t just like the name, he was seeking a direction wanted to persuade skilled in future. That man is nowadays referred to as Allahrakha Rahman, one in all India’s foremost composers. He discusses his call to convert and therefore the impact it had on him in these altered excerpts from AR Rahman: The Spirit of Music by Nasreen Munni Kabir.
 

It has schooled Maine that even as the rain and therefore the sun don't differentiate between individuals, neither ought to we tend to. Only you expertise relationship across cultures, you perceive there are several sensible individuals altogether communities.


My mother was a practicing Hindu… There was additionally a picture of Mother Jewess holding Deliverer in her arms and a photograph of the sacred sites of Mecca and Medina.  In 1986, 10 years once my father died, we tend to happened to satisfy Qadri Sahib once more. The peer was unwell and my mother sorted him. He regarded her as a female offspring. There was a powerful association between U.S.A... I used to be nineteen at the time and dealing as a session musician and composing jingles.
No, he didn’t. No one is forced to convert to the trail of religious mysticism. You simply follow if it comes from your heart. A year once we tend to met Qadri Sahib in 1987; we tend to emotional from Habibullah Road to Kodambakkam to the house wherever we tend to still live. Once we emotional, I used to be reminded of what Word, peace is upon him, once said: “I want that you just were cold and hot. Therefore as a result of your lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I will be able to spit you out of my mouth.”

It is higher to settle on one path. The Sufi path spiritually upraised each my mother and Maine, and that we felt it absolutely was the simplest path for U.S.A.; therefore we tend to embraced Sufi Islam. My family had started operating by then and that we weren’t depending on anyone. Nobody around U.S.A. very cared – we tend to were musicians which allowed U.S.A. larger social freedom…

The vital factor on behalf of me is that I learned concerning equality and therefore the identity of god. Whether or not you're a winner or loser, king or slave, short or tall, made or poor, offender or saint, ugly or lovelyno matter what color you're, god showers unlimited love and mercy on U.S.A. if we elect to receive it. It’s owing to our inability, our visual disorder in seeing the unknown that we tend to lose religion.

The truth is I ne'er likeable my name…. No disrespect to the nice actor Dilip Kumar! However somehow my name didn’t match the image I had of myself.
Sometime before we tend to started on our journey on the trail of religious mysticism, we tend to visited associate degree prognosticator to point out him my younger sister’s horoscope as a result of my mother needed to induce her married. This was round the same time once I was keen to alter my name and have a replacement identity. The prognosticator checked out Maine and aforesaid, “This chap is incredibly attention-grabbing.”

He urged the names: “Abdul Rahman” and “Abdul Rahim” and aforesaid that either name would be sensible on behalf of me. I instantly idolized the name “Rahman.” it absolutely was a Hindu prognosticator UN agency gave Maine my Muslim name.
Then my mother had this intuition that I ought to add “Allahrakha” means “Protected by God” and that I became AR Rahman.

No comments:

Post a Comment